Virginia Farm Link Program
The Virginia Farm Link program is designed to help three important segments of the Commonwealth's farm community:
- Farmers and landowners who are facing retirement and want to see their businesses continue and their land stay in production
- Beginning and expanding farmers who are in search of business arrangements through which they can acquire land, equipment, experience and access to the knowledge of seasoned producers
- Farmers who are in search of farm transition and succession planning resources
As established in § 3.2-202 of the Code of Virginia, the Virginia Farm Link program shall provide, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assistance in the preparation of business plans for the transition of business interests;
- Assistance in the facilitation of transfers of existing properties and agricultural operations to interested buyers;
- Information on innovative farming methods and techniques; and
- Research assistance on agricultural, financial, marketing, and other matters.
Virginia Farm Link Database
The Virginia Farm Link database is an online database designed to link farm owners interested in exiting agriculture with those seeking farms and farm businesses. The Virginia Farm Link database service is provided at no-cost to the users. Virginia Farm Link works with each party to fully understand their interests and needs.
If you are a farm seeker, click the above “Find Farmland” link to sign up for an account. If you are a farm owner, click the above “Find a Farmer” link to sign up for an account.